June 24, 2016
INTECH Process Automation has reached agreement to undertake Operations Optimization project of Control Systems through Alarms rationalization and optimization at three Indonesian oil fields.
The client, one of the major global oil companies and the biggest oil producer in Indonesia, is operating the fields as part of one of its several consolidated operations in the country. The operation comprises of several onshore and offshore assets. The client desired improving its process safety and meeting the overall Operational Excellence and Equipment Reliability Standards in the said operation.
INTECH has a long and successful history of project executions with the client in Indonesia as well as globally. INTECH was already working on a similar project for the client and was therefore the integrator of choice for this project.
Together with the client, INTECH identified improvement opportunities by optimizing control systems through alarms rationalization and optimization at three oil fields; which includes the largest offshore oilfield of Indonesia. INTECH’s scope of work on this project includes:
- Existing Alarm Situation analysis (as per ISA 18.2 and EEMUA 191) via analysis of control system application, HMI application, Alarms and Events Data Log, Process Data etc
- Alarms Performance Analysis – Baseline Report as per ISA 18.2 Standards Development
- Alarm Philosophy Document Development
- Identify Bad Actors and HMI Application Issues
- Alarm Rationalization Document of n-Alarmable tags. Documentation includes identifying
- Causes, consequences, and corrective actions
- Alarm set points, alarm enabled states
- Alarm proposed and current priorities
- Alarm purpose, operator action, consequence of not attending alarm
- Minimum time required to respond to the alarm
- Dead-band, requirement of de-bounce timer
- Requirement of alarm suppression
- MADB documents development
- HMI Application Modification (Development of Alarms KPIs and Trends) and Testing
- Presenting Proposed Alarms Configurations to Customer’s I&E, Production and Operations teams at Customer’s Workshop
- Implementing approved Alarms and application configurations in Control System or HMI (step by step without the need of any S/D) Implementing Approved Alarms configurations per MOC in Control Systems/HMI Application
- Testing & Feedback of System Performance
- System Staging & Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
- Training/Orientation, Implementation Documentation & Handover
INTECH will be using its execution lead office in Jakarta to facilitate the client on this project. The project is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
About INTECH Advanced Software Solutions
INTECH offers consultancy solutions (consultancy, algorithms, technology) targeting operations, production & maintenance to discover hidden efficiencies in plants’ operating envelope. Working together with the customers, INTECH helps get more out of people, processes, and technology. INTECH’s partners are directly involved with, and influence the development of virtually all industry recognized alarm management standards and other influential documents, including the ISA-18.2 standard, the API-RP-1167 recommended practice, and the EEMUA 191 guideline document.
For more information on INTECH Advanced Software Solutions, click here: http://www.intechww.com/products-and-solutions/advanced-software-solutions/
INTECH Process Automation Inc. is an international Control Systems engineering and Systems Integration company delivering reliable automation solutions to the Oil & Gas sector since 1991. INTECH has done projects in 31 countries across 6 continents with regional offices in 13 countries, equipping it with 2000+ engineering man-years of experience. INTECH’s vendor-neutral approach and extensive experience help serve both regional and global customers with the highest standards of quality and reliability.
INTECH covers all traditional asset classes (upstream, midstream & downstream) as well as shale and buoy automation. Its wide range of solutions covers traditional control system automation as well as hydraulic (surface and sub-surface) control system automation and advanced software solutions for operations and asset management. Customers benefit from INTECH’s lump-sum turnkey solutions to save costs and increase plant productivity.
For more Information, visit: www.intechww.com