The field located in Indonesia is spread over 11,000 sq. km with various remote collection stations with an overall production of about 400,000 bpd. INTECH’s customer, who is a major part of the Indonesian economy, is an active member of the community. The customer keeping in view the past excellent work history with INTECH on multiple projects across the globe requested for technical support and services for its multiple control system spread over a large geographical area. INTECH scope of work included:
- Engineering, design, supply, installation & integration of remote SCADA unitsat newly commissioned wellhead sites
- Maintenance& modification support on remote SCADA units for existing wellhead Remote Terminal Units
- Collection of data from multiple sub-stations, five gathering stations, steam injection stations and heavy oil stations to a central PI server
- Installation of PI Historian at remote sites and integration of data at the central data repository
- Programming, functional testing and commissioning for modification in DCS logic
- Maintenance and troubleshooting manuals for process historian
The project challenges included building interface with Yokogawa & Honeywell OPC Servers, install PI Server for remote data historians, work with Yokogawa and Honeywell on OPC Server bitmap, interface and tag quality. Work with Base Business and Engineering Team to verify data integration and system design provide on-site Assistance and provide Remote Support Services (RSS).
INTECH based on its rich oil & gas domain knowledge, technological expertise and its vendor neutral approach to system design choose hardware that was best fit for customer needs & requirements. The system delivered was designed keeping in view the availability, reliability, international safety, compliance and operational excellence standards specific to a gas processing facility. The hardware selected included:
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Wonderware InTouch Runtime
- Remote Terminals Units (RTUs) – Modicon M340
- OPC Servers for Modicon, GE & Siemens
- SCADA – INTECH MAX-SCADA
INTECH enables oil & gas facilities to optimally deploy and maintain automation solutions resulting in enhanced productivity, reliability, safety, compliance, and flexibility of the assets and the enterprise. INTECH has completed over 100 major upstream Oil & Gas automation projects for the top ten Exploration and Production companies globally. INTECH design philosophy is based on a vendor neutral, best fit automation solution approach to ensure safe, reliable, efficient and compliant operations.