September 8, 2017
INTECH continues its series of advanced solutions excellence in Oman with another successful deployment of PI System & Interfaces enhancement along with implementation and integration services across a pipeline network and associated stations.
For the past decade, INTECH has been heavily involved with the Sultanate’s oil and gas sector and has to its credit multiple successful project providing Operations & Maintenance services as well as Advanced Software Solutions for Production Management. This project is another addition to an already burgeoning list of excellent advanced solutions executions.
INTECH’s client on the project, a leading regional Oil and Gas company, intended to improve their systems’ overall reliability and required a review of network setup, interface nodes and PI server connectivity and recommendations for system architecture changes if necessary. INTECH, already an established name for reliable services in Oman, was approached to provide enhancement and maintenance services; assisting the client with operation of the systems.
INTECH’s Scope of Work included:
- Provision of OSIsoft & Microsoft Software & Hardware Material
- Configuration of Redundant PI Interfaces with Server-Level Failover for OPC Nodes on Redundant Network
- Connection of New Sites via PI OPC Interface from various Control Systems including Yokogawa, Emerson, Schneider
- Tag Database Development for Additional Facilities with Database Optimization
- Installation and Configuration of 2-Node High Availability Collective for PI Data Archive
- Installation and Configuration of SharePoint & WebParts for Asset Monitoring Dashboards
- Configuration of Latest PI Visualization Tools
- Development of Custom Graphics, Excel based Reports and Notifications
- PI System Administration Training for System Admins
- PI Visualization Suite Client Training for End Users
INTECH has mobilized its resources from Dubai, UAE for the execution of this project. With the system in place, the client will be driving the following benefits from INTECH’s quality implementation services:
- Enhanced visibility of assets by providing a Unified Dashboard for Monitoring Critical Assets covering all Stations across Oman
- Web based Portal for Production Monitoring of Consumption to End Users
- Custom Reports for Daily, Weekly and Monthly Gas Sales Reporting
About INTECH Advanced Software Solutions
INTECH offers consultancy solutions (consultancy, algorithms, technology) targeting operations, production & maintenance to discover hidden efficiencies in plants’ operating envelope. Working together with the customers, INTECH helps get more out of people, processes, and technology. INTECH’s partners are directly involved with, and influence the development of virtually all industry recognized alarm management standards and other influential documents, including the ISA-18.2 standard, the API-RP-1167 recommended practice, and the EEMUA 191 guideline document.
For more information on INTECH Advanced Software Solutions, click here: http://www.intechww.com/products-and-solutions/advanced-software-solutions/
INTECH Process Automation Inc. is an international Control Systems engineering and Systems Integration company delivering reliable automation solutions to the Oil & Gas sector since 1991. INTECH has done projects in 31 countries across 6 continents with regional offices in 13 countries, equipping it with 2000+ engineering man-years of experience. INTECH’s vendor-neutral approach and extensive experience help serve both regional and global customers with the highest standards of quality and reliability.
INTECH covers all traditional asset classes (upstream, midstream & downstream) as well as shale and buoy automation. Its wide range of solutions covers traditional control system automation as well as hydraulic (surface and sub-surface) control system automation and advanced software solutions for operations and asset management. Customers benefit from INTECH’s lump-sum turnkey solutions to save costs and increase plant productivity.
For more Information, visit: www.intechww.com