Analytics Development Engineer
About The Position
Be part of the Digital Transformation projects working with our Enterprise Data Management Team helping customers by understanding their objectives and resolving real-world challenges to help optimize the process, reduce cost and improve performance through Data-Driven techniques
The individual will help solve various use cases through real-time analytics on large process data sets including data ingestion & onboarding strategy, integration from various sources, data cleansing, validation, modeling, transformation, and visualizing results in Analytic & Intelligence Tools
- The role includes performing customer requirement analysis, suggest dashboard UI/UX, developing test cases and system testing, supporting in demonstrations and presentations by showing value add of data-driven software
- The individual is expected to quickly grow within the group and contribute to business intelligence and analytics projects.
- This position requires face-to-face as well as virtual work with our customer's technical teams which may require local/international travel in the long term.
- Data Enthusiast with reasonable experience in one or more of Self Service, Process Data Analytics, Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Mining or any associated Analytics domain
- Professional qualification in either of fields of Computer Science/ Data Sciences/ Process / Electrical Engineering with working experience in Advanced Analytics and Data Science domain for at least 3+ years
- Understands Asset Hierarchies and Structured data sets, Relational Databases
- Strong experience in using ETL Techniques and experience with Data Warehouses such as Hadoop/Redshift/Azure Data Factory/BigQuery/ etc
- Preferred experience with Data Mining and Advanced Analytics tools using ML techniques like Alteryx/Rapidminer/Dataiku/Microstrategy/Orange
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI/Tableau/QlikView
- Know-how of techniques and methodologies to integrate disparate data sources in a common platform for context-based analytics
- Reasonable programming experience with databases and languages (Python/Postgres/SQL/TSQL/PL/JSP/JSP)
- Preferable to have experience with the use of Industrial Analytics Tools (OSIsoft/Aspen InfoPlus/Honeywell Ph.D./GE Proficy/Predix/FactoryTalk) and will be a plus.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills with an aptitude for self-learning and development on my own.
- Ability to translate customer issues into an implementable use case using various available tools
- Preferred to have prior direct/indirect experience with any relevant Industry (Petrochem/Fertilizer/Oil&Energy/Power/Utilities)
- Demonstration of the capability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-ethnic teams
- Quick learner and self-starter, who enjoys solving real business challenges with an aptitude for learning the latest technologies and software in the Industrial IoT Domain
- Experience with Software Application development is a plus
- Interest and exposure towards latest technologies like AI/ML/Data Sciences/IoT/Blockchain etc.
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in engineering or in related field
- Minimum 5+ years of work relevant experience
- Must have Effective Written/Verbal Communication Skills