Enterprise Data Management Lead
About The Position
The Digital Transformation Lead will own digital transformation projects and actively participate in business development activities by leveraging deep industry experience, consulting practices, and technology know-how. This position requires face to face and virtual work with customer teams to understand their key objectives and help realize their digital transformation goals, with a specific focus in enterprise data management.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Architect solutions for customers’ data management evolution. This involves performing technical assessments, helping develop solution strategies and roadmaps, and coordinating with technology partners to find the best solution to the customer’s use case.
- Own the Enterprise Data Management roadmap within the INTECH organization, in coordination with Digital Solutions’ Manager.
- Lead a team of Engagement Managers who are directly responsible for delivering projects for customers. In the near term, be comfortable acting directly as an Engagement Manager as we develop our solution practice.
- Provide thought leadership in enterprise data management in the Oil & Gas and Utilities industries.
- Identify ways to scale the engagement process, such as by creating repeatable processes for solution development and implementation.
- Partner with outside sales teams to identify opportunities for new business development, and then convert those opportunities into projects.
- Work collaboratively with INTECH’s other Digital Solutions’ leads, and INTECH’s Automation division to find opportunities for delivering customer value across the Automation & Intelligence stack.
- Work with internal marketing teams to craft solution messaging and build collateral such as customer presentations, brochures, case studies, and webinars, amongst other items.
- Identify, onboard, and manage key technology partner relationships in the areas of Enterprise Data Management (ex. Tableau, OSIsoft, Microsoft, Spotfire, etc.)
- Happy to get involved at low levels of project implementation when needed without shying away from the “dirty work”.
- Work with Digital Solutions’ manager to ensure competency and career development of engineers assigned to the Enterprise Data Management solution group.
- Open to significant travel depending on customer requirements. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, most near-term work will be virtual, with travel on a need-only basis.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Data Management, or extensive demonstrable work experience in the enterprise data management space.
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of industry experience building solutions for FMCG/O&G/Utilities is required. Consulting experience will be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in enterprise data integration, data warehousing, business intelligence, or associated analytics-focused fields.
- Deep understanding of software engineering and software architecture principles for building and deploying large-scale business critical solutions.
- Previous experience writing customer use cases and technical specification documents.
- Experience in leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the required technologies, trends and best practices.
- Experience leading implementation teams to translate requirements and Digital Solutions’ developed solutions into actual value for the customer.
- Process-oriented mindset with a desire to build repeatable and scalable templates for solution design and project execution.
- Experience of working with a globally distributed teams and managing offshore teams.
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience implementing projects with virtual collaboration with customers is a big bonus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Genuine interest in latest digital transformation trends and technologies.