About The Position
What are we doing?
We at INTECH want to leverage our 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry to use cutting-edge real-time big data processing, storage, machine learning, physical modeling, and visualization to transform the way the world does business. To this end, we are building an all-encompassing data management and automation platform to enable our clients to turn raw data into an insights and business intelligence goldmine.
What have we built so far?
For roughly the past 4 years we have been working on building an Industrial IoT platform, dubbed PlantOS. PlantOS marries big data systems and microservices with machine learning and industrial standards to enable Industry 4.0 applications.
We already have a first commercial release out which is on-prem and are now pushing towards having a cloud-native deployment on Azure.
For our cloud, in terms of technology; we’ll be using a mixture of the above and cloud-native technology, the likes of IoT Hub, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, and Azure Data Explorer.
What are we looking for?
- Polyglotism with at least Java, Python, and/or Golang knowledge and multiple years of delivering production-grade code under your belt.
- Experience running software in the cloud (e.g. GCP or AWS) and being on call
- Experience with Kubernetes (or similar such as OpenShift or Mesos/DCOS), Docker, and Ansible (or similar such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Growth mentality, willingness to share ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Familiar with building distributed and scalable systems
What can you expect to do?
- Design, develop, deploy and support backend services with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Collaborate with a remote team of engineers as part of an autonomous team
- Take full responsibility of the services developed by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation practicing SRE tenets
What are we offering?
- A competitive salary with stock options
- Remote position from anywhere within the EU or the UK
- The option of signing up for a co-working space of your choosing
- Extensive learning opportunities, with the option of taking relevant certifications at the company's cost
- A minimum of 20 paid vacation days with flexible public holidays, allowing you to swap days off according to your values and beliefs