Sr. Engineer Mechanical/Rotating
About The Position
This position initially offers 01-year contract (Extendable).
As a Sr. Engineer Mechanical / Rotating, you will be responsible for;
- Providing technical expertise and support and delivering requirements for CSU in accordance with industry best practices.
- Supporting and advising punch listing of systems and closeout of punch list items.
- Execution of the Commissioning & Start-Up Plan and Commissioning Execution Plan.
- Providing input to Commissioning Procedures, including Systems Testing Procedures.
- Assisting and contributing to Flawless start-up.
- Supporting the Project to Asset Handover strategy to align with Operations handover requirements.
- Providing quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the Operations team
- Participating in peer reviews on startup and operating procedures
- Working closely with Project and Operations personnel to meet the commissioning and start-up milestones.
- Liaisoning with the Company project and contractor teams.
- Ensuring risks to the CSU schedule are identified and raised early.
- Assisting to Produce punch lists, acceptance documentation, and site and technical queries.
- Assisting to ensure close out of outstanding work and punch items, prior to systems being accepted for commissioned.
- Providing input to the CSU Safety Strategies and promoting safe practice for personnel and safe operation of production assets
- Working daily in the operating worksites, leading improvements by maintaining full compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and with Project Teams.
- Obtaining equipment maintenance information including status, results, etc., in a site with minimal original construction or maintenance records.
- Physically challenging working environment.
- SimOps support.
- Technical Certifications, 15+ years experience in the gas and oil industry, minimum of 10 years in a senior position, CSU experience essential.
- Good technical communication skills.
- Ability to interact with members of projects, contractors and the Company's asset teams.
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on CSU planning & reporting.
- Good understanding of mechanical equipment, piping, facility integrity and Process Safety.
- Good understanding of corrosion, materials, construction, commissioning, and startup.
- Extensive knowledge of plant mechanical systems to evaluate and rank risks.
- Extensive knowledge of Rotating equipment and related plant systems to evaluate and rank risks.
- Good understanding of rotating equipment control, operation and maintenance.