Sr. Solution & Proposal Engineer
About The Position
The Solution/Proposal Engineer will provide support to the architect and develop Industry 4.0 solutions responsible for leading our customers to digital transformation in areas of industrial analytics and operation. The individual will understand customer requirements, and business challenges, design innovative technical solutions utilizing existing and potential technology partners and tools, and prepare and present the proposals.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of industrial digitalization applications and available products
- Understanding of custom applications, software development lifecycle, and estimations
- Design the solutions according to the scope of work from customers and support the solution architect in packaging the solutions
- Develop technical design and explain the design through proposal documents for sales and BD teams
- Work in close coordination with the Solution Consultant and Sales Team to ensure the timely and quality delivery of solution proposals.
- Support Solution and Sales Team in developing solution presentations as required
- Professional degree in Engineering/Software/ field with solution development or deployment experience in Industrial Automation and Digitalization domain for at least 5-7 years in any relevant Industry (Manufacturing/ Petrochem/ Fertilizer/ Oil&Energy/ Power/ Utilities)
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 terms and the latest technologies used to deploy such systems
- Prior experience in Industrial IOT Solutions solution design and/or application development and deployment is preferred
- Must well understand the company’s Digital Solutions product portfolio in Data Management, Digital Operations, and Cyber-security and able to quickly grasp concepts of new emerging tools
- Must have basic knowledge of Automation and Control systems and OT Systems such as MES/Historians/Reporting Tools/Alarm Management Systems etc
- Familiarization with the use of OT-IT Integration technologies using OPC/MQTT, REST APIs, Web Services
- Experience with the use of either Industrial Analysis or Historian Software such as (OSIsoft/Aspen InfoPlus/ FactoryTalk) will be a plus.
- Know-how of tools and techniques to integrate disparate data sources in a common platform
- Understand various integration layers of the PURDUE Model from Field Level to Cloud/Enterprise Systems
- Understanding of networking design principles from a cybersecurity aspect
- Reasonable know-how of working and integrating with common databases such as SQL/MySQL etc.