About The Position
- Drive the technical architecture, establishing the "north star" architecture and guide teams to build towards it incrementally.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Effectively develop evolutionary design and architecture of a system.
- Create and maintain Architectural Runway, and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Guiding and coaching an exceptional team of engineers, mentoring them in technical and non-technical aspects, and leading them to build stable, scalable, and reliable features and services
- Establishing and growing the right Engineering Practices with your team (e.g. TDD, CI/CD, Agile Methodologies, etc.) in order to improve the engagement of your team, the speed of delivery and the quality of the features and services you own
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that might impair the teams’ ability to meet goals
- Jointly own product delivery along with your product peer, working closely with technical and business stakeholders, creating road-maps, alignment, and cost management
- 10+ years of professional full stack development experience
- 5+ years of management experience of running development teams.
- 12+ years of experience designing & developing Software Systems, Web and Mobile applications, UI/UX Design, Cloud Architecture, Software Development
- Ability to coach and mentor a team of engineers from various functional backgrounds (Backend, web, DevOps Android, iOS)
- Passionate for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional)
- Hands-on experience in designing application architectures with respect to business requirements on various platforms.
- Proficiency with the following: Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), Full Stack development frameworks, Node.js, Python, Golang, React.js, Postgres, iOS and Android mobile development
- Strong familiarity in Enterprise Architecture including networking systems, database systems, API integration, and deployment methodologies
- Experience with designing micro-services based multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skill, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong technical judgment and execution capability to the highest standards in a rapidly evolving business
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Smart about choosing between fast and right
- Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
- Technical fluency; comfort discussing or diving deep on technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Comfortable presenting to an executive audience and commanding large, diverse cross-functional teams in a composed, poised and professional demeanor.