About The Position
INTECH Automation & Intelligence is looking for an energized and capable professional for the role of a QA/QC Engineer
INTECH Automation & Intelligence has been helping businesses transform for the future through next-generation Automation and Digital technologies for the past 30 years and counting. We are a globally renowned engineering company specializing in automation, electrical, energy transition, and digitalization solutions. Our application-specific solutions diversified and technically backed portfolio and expertise in equipment from major OEMs and system vendors are what differentiate us.
Their general job duties would be:
- Witness and monitor contractors' welding activities.
- Inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures
- Promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business.
- Assist review of company Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
- Conduct quality inspection at site locations in accordance with the Project's quality requirements.
- Report daily welding activities in a timely manner.
- Ensure contractors welders are aware of relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
- Interface with the Quality manager, construction engineer, and other inspectors in a professional manner.
- Support the company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills.
- Approve a work Supplier / Contractor has been by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents.
- Reinforce the company HSE requirements when on site.
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding & NDE activities conducted at construction sites.
- Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
- Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer's recommendations / specifications and has a certification.
- Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier's recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
- Witness / Participate material Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance with specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
- Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report Quality Manager & construction engineers if any.
- Actively participate in company QA/QC meetings.
- Engineering or Quality Management university degree.
- IRCA Lead Auditor qualification.
- Site fabrication experience.
- CSWIP Plant inspector min Level 2, API 510/570 or experienced engineer trained to min BTEC/City & Guilds (HNC/HND) or equivalent with broad knowledge of requirements for testing pressure vessels and piping.
- Minimum NDE Level 2 for UT/PT/MPI/RT Examination
- Experienced in receiving inspection, certification, MDR compilation; hydro testing; dimensional control; NDT, welding and lifting operations.
- Experienced in welding coordination to ISO3834.-2 and or ISO 14731:2006 Welding coordination -- Tasks and responsibilities.
- Experienced in writing and approving WPS and PQRs.
- Experience in supervision auditing, procedure writing and ITP development for painting work