Sr Solution & Proposal Engineer - UAE
About The Position
The Sr. Solution & Proposal Engineer will be primarily responsible for most of the day-to-day operations of the Solution Center department.
General qualities we are seeking:
- Strong interpersonal skills: can communicate effectively, possess strong writing skills, etc.
- Highly organized: excellent problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Resourcefulness: Figuring out how to and then actually getting the job done every time without fail.
- Creative: Following and promoting creativity in architecting optimal technical and commercial solutions
Following are the key deliverables besides other deliverables as assigned by the management:
- Review the RFQ and ensure that the design solution is in line with the customer requirements
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the different PLC / DCS-based control systems (Rockwell/ Siemens/ ABB/ Honeywell/ Schneider/Emerson) and knowledge of SCADA systems and their requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of site work and estimation of construction scope for installation of control system solution will be an advantage.
- Perform effort estimation for the engineering, construction and testing works and develop the project execution plan to meet customer requirement.
- Shall have experience of design & estimate Low Voltage Switchgear & MCC’s, Medium Voltage Switchgear & MCC’s, AC & DC UPS systems, Transformer Systems, Power Management Systems, VFD & Soft starters
- Shall have basic understanding of the customized building design & estimation.
- Shall have basic understanding of the HVAC system design
- Providing sales support for compliance of key proposals for back office Team against the RFQ received
- Proposals related coordination & follow-ups with sales team
- Provide support to back office team in taking multiple quotes from new and existing vendors.
- Shall be able to develop standard procedures and have good writing skills to produce high-level execution philosophy, project plans, design procedures, and commercial terms & conditions for customers' understanding.
- Must be keen in business development and have skills to negotiate prices and discount schedules with vendors.
- Shall propose and design optimal control system architectures with in-depth knowledge of network protocols and design.
- Ensure Quality of Product solution as defined
- Ensure requirements of CSIA (Control System Integrators Association) Standard are being complied in respective domain.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in engineering or in related field
- Minimum 6-8 years of work experience in engineering or technical sales is required
- Sales and Business development acumen
- Can-Do & Positive Attitude
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill