INTECH Process Automation completed PI System Upgrade & High Availability Configuration Project at a major Petrochemical complex on the West Coast of Saudi Arabia.
The client wanted to meet the requirements for making existing system according to High Availability and Redundant Configuration to ensure smooth and continuous monitoring of mission critical data to server from the city’s main power unit to the petrochemical complex across a secure Firewall Network with OPC Tunneling involved. INTECH was selected based on its expertise on Data Management Systems like OSIsoft and its Control System
and Advanced Software support with strong project references and business history in then Kingdom.
INTECH’s scope of supply included complete upgradation of existing infrastructure hardware and software setup to latest PI System version for scale of 30,000 Tags. The key deliverables required of INTECH included:
- Setup & Configuration of Microsoft & OSIsoft Software
- Setup of PI Interfaces with DIASYS OPC Servers with Failover Configuration for 2x Plants
- Integration of additional Plant-II OPC Server Tags and Interface to main System
- Upgrade existing PI AF & Data Archive to 2 Node Server Collective with High Availability
- Validation of PI System Tag Database according to latest version and expansion of Additional Tags
- Upgrade of multiple PI Clients (including PIProcessBook & PIDataLink applications) to latest version
- Integration of Power Unit PI Server with Petrochemical Complex PI Servers across highly secure network using OPC Tunneler (Matrikon)
- Customized Integration of PI Server with 3rd Party Energy Monitoring Tools (VTU, BASS etc.) with PI API/ SDK
- Configuration of PI Alerts, Email based Data Link Reports
- PI System Administration & Visualization Clients Training for System Admins/Operation
This project was to be accomplished with minimal downtime to the PI System as it was providing critical Plant KPIs to
Operations with Highly Available Architecture. INTECH was able to achieve following:
- Successful timely upgrade with High Availability configured at Interface Level and Server Level
- Maintenance on PI Servers is carried out without any downtime to Any End User/Client Application
- Issues in Reports and Email based reporting resolved successfully
- PI System can send and take results from Energy Monitoring System and serve as core part of Plant Energy Management & Monitoring System
- Smooth Upgrade at both ends (Power Unit and Petrochemical Complex)
The project was executed by INTECH’s Advanced Software Solutions Team mobilizing resources from KSA, UAE and Pakistan.
About INTECH Advanced Software Solutions
INTECH offers consultancy solutions (consultancy, algorithms, technology) targeting operations, production & maintenance to discover hidden efficiencies in plants’ operating envelope. Working together with the customers, INTECH helps get more out of people, processes, and technology. INTECH’s partners are directly involved with, and influence the development of virtually all industry recognized alarm management standards and other influential documents, including the ISA-18.2 standard, the API-RP-1167 recommended practice, and the EEMUA 191 guideline document.
For more information on INTECH Advanced Software Solutions, click here: https://www.intechww.com/products-and-solutions/advanced-software-solutions/
INTECH Process Automation Inc. is an international Control Systems engineering and Systems Integration company delivering reliable automation solutions to the Oil & Gas sector since 1991. INTECH has done projects in 31 countries across 6 continents with regional offices in 13 countries, equipping it with 2000+ engineering man-years of experience. INTECH’s vendor-neutral approach and extensive experience help serve both regional and global customers with the highest standards of quality and reliability.
INTECH covers all traditional asset classes (upstream, midstream & downstream) as well as shale and buoy automation. Its wide range of solutions covers traditional control system automation as well as hydraulic (surface and sub-surface) control system automation and advanced software solutions for operations and asset management. Customers benefit from INTECH’s lump-sum turnkey solutions to save costs and increase plant productivity.
For more Information, visit: www.intechww.com