INTECH Process Automation has successfully executed a PI system upgrade project at a petrochemical complex on the western coast of Saudi Arabia, ensuring smooth transition of the system and its daily/weekly reporting.
The client had PI system in place and was planning to upgrade it. INTECH Process Automation won the project based on strong recommendations from its Saudi Arabian clients for similar scope of work; being the official value added reseller of OSISoft in the Saudi Arabian region and proposing a highly robust solution.
INTECH’s scope of work included the following:
- Review & Validation of PI High Availability Architecture for PI Collective 2-Node Configuration
- Upgrade to latest version on New Hardware Servers
- Installation & Configuration of 2-Node PI Collective on new PI Servers
- Upgrade of Hardware/Software/Database for Server hosting PI ACE & Manual Logger Applications
- Configuration of PI Interface (PI ICU) and PI OPC Interface for additional 8,000 Tags collection from new Plant OPC Server
- Configuration of PI OPC Interface for additional 10,000 Tags collection from existing MHI OPC Server
- Testing of Data Buffering, OPC Interfaces, PI Clients and PI Server Failover & PI Communications
- Training for PI System Administrators (5x Persons) by INTECH Trainer
- Training for PI System Clients Users (Analyzing and/or Visualizing Process Book & DataLink) (15x Persons) by INTECH Trainer
INTECH’s team ensured that the project was executed with minimal downtime and an immediate and smooth transition of systems and their daily/weekly reporting. This project was another addition to INTECH’s burgeoning list of successful advanced solutions projects in the Middle East Region; its successful execution ensuring that INTECH will execute the next phase of the project in the coming months.
About INTECH Advanced Software Solutions
INTECH offers consultancy solutions (consultancy, algorithms, technology) targeting operations, production & maintenance to discover hidden efficiencies in plants’ operating envelope. Working together with the customers, INTECH helps get more out of people, processes, and technology. INTECH’s partners are directly involved with, and influence the development of virtually all industry recognized alarm management standards and other influential documents, including the ISA-18.2 standard, the API-RP-1167 recommended practice, and the EEMUA 191 guideline document.
For more information on INTECH Advanced Software Solutions, click here: https://www.intechww.com/products-and-solutions/advanced-software-solutions/
INTECH Process Automation Inc. is an international Control Systems engineering and Systems Integration company delivering reliable automation solutions to the Oil & Gas sector since 1991. INTECH has done projects in 31 countries across 6 continents with regional offices in 13 countries, equipping it with 2000+ engineering man-years of experience. INTECH’s vendor-neutral approach and extensive experience help serve both regional and global customers with the highest standards of quality and reliability.
INTECH covers all traditional asset classes (upstream, midstream & downstream) as well as shale and buoy automation. Its wide range of solutions covers traditional control system automation as well as hydraulic (surface and sub-surface) control system automation and advanced software solutions for operations and asset management. Customers benefit from INTECH’s lump-sum turnkey solutions to save costs and increase plant productivity.
For more Information, visit: www.intechww.com