Venezuela ranks as the fifth largest oil exporting country in the world with reserves of heavy crude oil that are estimated to be 99.4 billion barrels approx. as of 2010. Two well-known fields in Venezuela are The Mariscal Sucre Dragon and Patao of the Praia peninsula which is off the country’s northeast coast. The customer is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry and was tasked with EPC for the field development project. A sub scope of the entire contract was setting up a new control and monitoring system for the facility for which INTECH was called in. The INTECH scope included:
- Engineering, Design, Supply and site services of Process Control System (PCS),
- Engineering, Design, Supply and site services of Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
- Engineering, Design, Supply and site services of Fire & Gas (F&G) System.
- Comprehensive Project Management servicesincluding interface with other third party vendors
INTECH based on its rich oil & gas domain knowledge, technological expertise and its vendor neutral approach to system design choose hardware that was best fit for customer needs & requirements. The system delivered was designed keeping in view the specific international safety, compliance and operational excellence standards specific to a gas processing facility. The hardware selected included:
- Process Control System – Allen Bradley ControlLogix
- Process Control System Simulator – Allen Bradley Control Logix
- Fire and Gas System
- Fire &Gas Instrumentation Package
- Fire &Gas and Emergency Shutdown System – HIMA based SIL-3 Quad Redundant Controller
- Process Historian – FactoryTalk
- Instrument Asset Manager –Yokogawa Plant Resource Manager
- Subsea Operator Station including regeneration of Subsea Screens
INTECH enables oil & gas facilities to optimally deploy and maintain automation solutions resulting in enhanced productivity, reliability, safety, compliance, and flexibility of the assets and the enterprise. INTECH has completed over 100 major upstream Oil & Gas automation projects for the top ten Exploration and Production companies globally. INTECH design philosophy is based on a vendor neutral, best fit automation solution approach to ensure safe, efficient and compliant operations.