Safety & Instrumented System (SIS) for an Oil Terminal
In terms of proven crude oil reserves in the world, Iraq is amongst the fifth largest in the world. In terms of total petroleum liquids, Iraq was the world’s largest producer in 2012. The Oil Terminal is an offshore deep sea crude oil marine loading terminal situated 50 km southeast of the Al-Faw Peninsula in the Persian Gulf. The customer needed the instruments & controls as well as the operational procedures that were necessary to ensure safe operations. The customer keeping in view the past excellent work history with INTECH on multiple projects globally called in INTECH for:
- Engineering, Design and Supply of Safety Instrumented System (SIS) & associated Human Machine Interface (HMI).
- Functional Design Specifications
- System Staging and FAT
- Comprehensive project management services including interface with other third party vendors
INTECH based on its rich oil & gas domain knowledge, technological expertise and its vendor neutral approach to system design choose hardware that was best fit for customer needs & requirements. The system delivered was designed keeping in view the availability, reliability, international safety, compliance and operational excellence standards specific to a gas processing facility. The hardware selected included:
- Safety Instrumented System – SIL3 rated Honeywell Experion PKS
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Wonderware INTOUCH
- Marshaling Cabinet – NEMA 12
- Annunciator Panel – Panalarm
INTECH enables oil & gas facilities to optimally deploy and maintain automation solutions resulting in enhanced productivity, reliability, safety, compliance, and flexibility of the assets and the enterprise. INTECH has completed over 100 major upstream Oil & Gas projects for the top ten E&Ps globally over the past years. INTECH is a vendor neutral automation solutions provider with experience with almost all well-known PCS/PLC.